Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rocket Ship

Just as I arrived home last night, the rain tapered off and the wind died down. I'd resigned myself to an evening in the attic, but then decided that I really should get outside. I grabbed the TT bike and headed out. This would be my first ride on the latest position changes.

Yeehaw. Increasing the saddle height made a world of difference on the legs, and lowering the armrests felt good too. I put in several minutes of TT effort and felt pretty comfortable. There is still somewhat of a saddle comfort issue, but in years of time trialing, I've never done one in any position when I finished with my nether regions feeling like flowers and sunshine, so I think that might just be part of time trialing. I'll keep fiddling with it though to see if I can get it any better. The saddle I'm using on the TT bike is an old one that could probably use an update too. I'm a bit stretched out in the bars, but it's comfortable, and if I bring them back any more, my knees will hit if I stand on a climb so I think they are where they will stay. I'd like to be able to lower them a bit more, but without getting a smaller frame, I can't see how I'd do that.

The overall position feels quite good though, and I was pleased with my PE levels at relatively high wattage for me, and it simply "felt" fast, even with the standard spoked training wheels. I'm looking forward to taking the rig out onto the weekly course and giving her an official go with all the aero junk on her.

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos Tim, I can't wait to hear about the quantitative improvements you see with the better fit.

I know for me, attaining the perfect fit was a long process... and I only dream I had this kind of strength, this kind of bike, and this kind of fit back in the days when I was hitting the OCC TT every week with you ;-)

Lay it down hard out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home