Friday, May 12, 2006

Small World

After the fun of racing last weekend, and a kick-butt workout with a couple of teammates on Tuesday when we scaled the biggest hill we could find nearby once, twice, and three times, I've found myself sitting on the couch eating cereal far too often after work. The nights have been too short and my after-work energy points that out. This weekend I'll be trying to put together some plans to keep the days more organized, cut back on a couple of time-wasters, and buckle down on training hard and sleeping adequately.

Because of all the couch-sitting, I have nothing to report, except that Netflix delivered the next disc in the Band of Brothers series and I burned through two episodes as soon as I got it out of the mailbox. I'm starting a run on ordering up the Battlestar Galactica series. I saw most of the first season but then missed a few episodes and it's so great, I haven't allowed myself to watch the new ones without catching up on the ones I missed. Joey V also says 24 is a great series too, so they're going in the Netflix queue soon as well.

Finally, I just had a "small world" experience today. I was browsing over at The Daily Grind (see blog links) when I saw a comment by Solobreak. I followed that link, then started reading his blog. I discovered he attended Jiminy Peak, and curiously mentioned Joe's name. Reading on, I saw were he described following Tim to the Hollenbeck race. Wait just a minute. That was me! Solobreak had stayed at my place between Jiminy and Hollenbeck with the ladies from Team Terry. The Blogosphere just got a little smaller. It's nice to meet bloggers in person, or at least happen upon their blogs accidentally after you meet them in person.

See you on the road. If I can get off the couch, that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home