Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Hero Jeremy

Good news! My man Jeremy from the customer support desk at Saris-PowerTap left me a phone message yesterday saying that the wheel is on the way back from Wisconsin to Central New York. They verified that the speed readings on the hub were all screwed up and replaced the "torque tube" and all the other fiddly-bits inside the hub. I should have it back on Thursday. I sent it out last Monday, so that's a darn good turnaround time. Let's hope the new guts in the hub last a nice long time.

It's racing season now, for sure. Not bike racing season quite yet for me, but racing to work early, so I can race home early, then racing around getting dressed then racing on the bike to beat the sunset and cold temperatures. Last night I crammed in 36 good tempo miles with plenty of rollers to make the legs and back know they did some work. My toes were little white icicles when I got done, but everything else stayed nice and toasty. I'm tired today, but my legs feel good and it's supposed to be a few degrees warmer today, so it looks like it'll be another race on the way home.

Turning to the particulars of training, for those of you interested, this time of year is a flux time for me. It's warm enough to finally get off the rollers and ride outside, but it's cold enough that my lungs get burned if I breathe too hard on the ride (darned asthma). Therefore, intervals with much intensity tend to go out the window. I'm doomed to tempo for the next couple weeks. A couple nights ago, I rode an hour outside until I got cold, then came home and sat on the rollers for another half-hour, warming back up with a 15-minute LT interval. That felt pretty good and I'll try and continue doing post-ride roller rides to keep some intensity going. I'll be stomping along in the Pisgah Mountain range in a couple weeks, and I want to be ready to go hard when the road turns up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home