Monday, March 20, 2006

Cold and Alone

It's the first day of spring, and the temps are topping out at 25 degrees F today, with the wind chill 14. At least it's not snowing. Several inches of new powder fell on us over the weekend, and that was plenty. Good news, though. The daily high temperature is supposed to be around 40 starting on Thursday and extending through the weekend. Whew. How will we deal with such heat?

The cat 5 guys on my team are freezing their lycra off hitting every race they can, in hopes of getting in enough to upgrade before the bigger races start. Poor bastards.

In other news, my PowerTap SL has now left me and I'm all alone with only my old Polar HR monitor. The PT is now working its way through the US Postal system, heading towards Madison, Wisconsin and the labs of Saris Cycling Group. They will receive it on the 22nd. They promised a ten-day turnaround, so I'm hoping it will be back in my hands by April 5th, with two days to spare before the big trip to Asheville, NC. It'll be a close shave, I'm sure.

See you on the road. Watch out for that black ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home