Tuesday, February 07, 2006

New house. Better attic.

This is where my blog begins. We've bought our first house and moved in. It's a great three-story 1898 Victorian, much larger than we had intended to buy, but the price was right and we couldn't pass up on the character in the house. Tin ceiling, great woodwork, the whole thing. The house was in disrepair five or so years ago, but the folks who bought it then made extensive, major renovations but then were forced to move. They left plenty of small fix-it projects for us to finish to really make it our own.

The attic is a wide-open finished room and perfect for our rollers, some weights, and a TV with plenty of cycling videos. The attic is where I'll be spending lots of time riding when it's nasty outside, which is pretty often around here in central New York. The attic is where my commitment to my sport will be tested. The attic is likely where the level of my success in the summer's races will be determined. Welcome to the attic.

Drop by for a visit anytime. Most times, I'll be in the attic riding and writing about training and racing. Other times I'll be somewhere else in the house keeping myself busy doing some home repairs, and I'll let you know how those are going just for the fun of it. See you soon.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard the Blog Train Timmy!!!

It's great to have you here, and I'll look forward to keeping up with you and your life 'in the attic'!

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home